Active Directory Support

User, Public public at seajay.com
Mon Jan 5 18:04:36 UTC 2004

>Isn't the most obvious design applicable ? Placing ad in a sub-domain
>and having wintendo nameservers servicing that subdomain ?

Well, yes, that design will work, but all of my Windows servers will =
have the subdomain prepended to the root domain when all of the rest of =
the servers will have none, or another subdomain.  It would be best =
organizationally to have a single, root domain (domain.com) to which all =
servers belong to.  I guess a more specific question would be if Windows =
AD can run with BIND9 (with DDNS enabled) instead of with Windows DNS.  =
I can address the workstation issue by making them register all with a =
subdomain keeping them out of my root domain.

Chris

Christopher P. Jenkins, Senior Consultant

Concordant, Inc.

P:  508-820-3080

F:  508-820-4367

C:  508-241-7415