Bind9 and Novell compatibility?

Brath, Shane shane.brath at tdstelecom.com
Mon Jan 5 20:29:07 UTC 2004

Friends:

I have a customer using a Novell NetWare 6 server to host some domain names.
And it seems that if I flush the cache on my bind9 boxes it loads up the
domain for the first time fine. But when the domain refreshes a day later is
most likely fails with NXDOMAIN.

The 2 nameservers running it are using some named process on Novell? I've
never seen this.
Here are the date and filesize info on that server on Novell.

02/12/2003  03:19a             243,975                 NAMED.NLM

Anyone know what software this is derived from?
Is it stable? Good?

Can I run BIND9 on NetWare?

Any suggestions would be great.

Shane Brath