Dynamic Update Linux Host

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Mon Jan 5 20:29:28 UTC 2004

In article <btc9qk$1c4f$1 at sf1.isc.org>, briandesu wrote:
> Dynamic update fails for linux host(s), but works properly for all
> Windoze hosts.
> [snip]
> I did RTFM, and have performed Google searches, but have had no

Did you look at your logs? Those would not be found on Google. What is
your DHCP client on Linux? What is the command line being used?

This is surely not a dhcpd nor a BIND issue. You probably do not know
how to configure your Linux distribution (and you did not even bother to
mention which one[s] you're using!) The answer is probably in distro-
specific documentation about how to configure networking. I'll tell you
for Slackware: run "netconfig" and pay attention to the prompts.
--
  /dev/rob0 - preferred_email=i$((28*28+28))@softhome.net
  or put "not-spam" or "/dev/rob0" in Subject header to reply