best way to change IPs

Genco YILMAZ gyilmaz at mw.net.tr
Mon Jan 12 05:37:18 UTC 2004

Hi Terry,
there is a method preferred in RFCs. I think RFC 1034 says that,
before the record change is made ,  decrease TTL amount to a value
tolerable for you and for the name daemon (I think there are some limits
in TTL values which may be regarded as unacceptable . If I am wrong pls
correct me)  After you make your changes on records you can bring your
TTL amounts to their original values.
This way, in the period of change, other name servers will have to ask
your new records
after your new small TTL value expired.

I hope this helps.