Need assistance pls? (bind dns)

ike lozada ikelozada at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 01:02:13 UTC 2004

hi all,

Objective:

We'd like to make this machine the primary ns for our domain and not a
resolving cache only server and not ask our ISP to include our domain
in the ns.

Error messages:

Tail –f /var/log/messages

/etc/named.conf:9: unknown option ‘zone'
/etc/named.conf:13: unknown option ‘zone'

Pls help?

Here is the text in  my named.conf file:
Options {
Directory  "/var/named";

	Forward first;
	Forwarders {
		My ISP's dns servers;

zone "my.domainname.com.ph" in {

type master;
file "primary/domain-info";

};

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" in {
type master;
file "primary/loopback-domain-info";
};

while my primary/domain-info file looks like

@ in SOA machinehostname.domainname.com.ph.
root.machinehostname.domainame.com.ph. (
		12345678
		8H
		2H
		1W
		1D)
;

	NS  machine's public ip address (xxx.xxx.xxx.90)
	MX 10 machinehostname.domainname.com.ph
;

localhost A 127.0.0.1
ns   machines' public ip address (xxx.xxx.xxx.90)
mail machine's public ip address (xxx.xxx.xxx.90)
;

while my primary/loopback-domain-info

(this machine will both be a mail server and dns server)

 @ in SOA machinehostname.domainname.com.ph.
root.machinehostname.domainame.com.ph. (
		12345678
		8H
		2H
		1W