Need assistance pls? (bind dns)

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri Jan 16 06:26:57 UTC 2004

> hi all,
>
> Objective:
>
> We'd like to make this machine the primary ns for our domain and not a
> resolving cache only server and not ask our ISP to include our domain
> in the ns.
>

> Error messages:
>
> Tail –f /var/log/messages

> /etc/named.conf:9: unknown option ‘zone'
> /etc/named.conf:13: unknown option ‘zone'
>

> Pls help?

	Firstly.  Do not edit configuration files before posting except
	to 'x' out keys.  You hide and introduce errors by doing so.

	You introduced a error in your editing.  You lost the closing
	brace to forwarders.

	Your error is that you failed to close options.  zone are top
	level objects or second level objects within views.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org