BIND Questions

Georgie celticfcPANTS at iol.ie
Sun Jan 18 13:51:00 UTC 2004

Im a dns and bind newbie, so on advice, i bought a copy of dns and bind by
o'reilly. i want to set up the required number of nameservers to transfer my
domains to, but ive a few quick questions that the book didnt clarify for
me.
1) Can i set up a slave nameserver on the same machine on a different IP.
ive a main ip and 9 others at my disposal on one dedicated server. i ask
this as most domain registries ask you to transfer dns to at least 2
nameservers.
2) as the book is common, i assume a lot of people here read it. in the
example, are they setting up movie.edu as THE nameserver or on the
nameserver?
3) the bind on my box is already set up for caching only.
/etc/resolv.conf has 2 lines already, nameserver 66.79.xxx.x and nameserver
66.79.xxx.x
do i need to modify this file to set up the nameserver

THANKS