forwarding of requests

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jul 5 19:19:32 UTC 2004

In article <ccbq5o$2rjo$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 Mokwena Motseto <MotsetM at sapo.co.za> wrote:

> Hi
> you will not be able to query the domain, its on the internal network and
> there is a firewall in protecting us from the internet

You need to open the firewall to allow DNS to the servers that host
postoffice.co.za, or make the public server a slave for this zone.  DNS
requires that the nameservers that a zone is delegated to be
authoritative.  If you configure the public server to forward, it won't
be authoritative.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA