forwarding of requests

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jul 6 06:21:21 UTC 2004

In article <ccdamj$197t$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.af> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 12:27:56AM -0400,
>  Barry Margolin <barmar at alum.mit.edu> wrote
>  a message of 34 lines which said:
>
> > Since the firewall is blocking queries, what's the point of this
> > delegation.
>
> For local resolvers.
>
> > Also, didn't he say that the postoffice.co.za zone is also on the
> > internal AD server?
>
> In that case, why the question is asked for on a BIND mailing list?

I believe the server that's on the DMZ is a BIND server.  If I
understand correctly, he wants the public to query this server, and it
forwards to the internal AD server.

As I said in my previous response, this won't work correctly.  The
public will expect this server to be authoritative, but if it forwards
then it won't be.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA