FW: Re: named collapse all the time

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Mon Jul 26 20:12:03 UTC 2004

Nir Cohen <NirC at bezeqint.co.il> wrote:

> Hi
>  I checked top and it's the named that consume all of the memory I have =
> nothing else on the machine. My server is an authoretive zone server for =
> over 8000 zones .and this dns is the authorative dns server for this =
> domains(I worked for a big ISP).

> Regards
>   =20

You did not answer if this nameserver is used as "resolving server" for
clients. If not, you could turn off recursion
( global option "allow-recursion { address_match_list };"  ) Turing off
recursion will prevent cache-buildup.

What's the total size of all zonefiles ( wc <files> ) ?

--
Peter Håkanson