Zone forwarding

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jul 30 00:06:43 UTC 2004

In article <cebc67$2ko5$1 at sf1.isc.org>, "Jez" <jez at replytogroup.com>
wrote:

> Hi-
>
> I have setup a local bind dns server and am trying to configure it as
> follows:
>
>  - To forward all requests for a particular domain (e.g. acompany.com) to
> particular dns servers(149.xxx).
> - To forward all other requests to my isp's dns servers (62.xxx).
> - To not cache any data(not essential)

I don't think there's any way to prevent caching in BIND.

> Below is the named.conf I have written, can someone please have a look since
> it is not doing the above and I am not sure why after scratching my head for
> a while:

I think it should do what you want.  Are there any warnings in the log
when it starts up?

Some versions of BIND have had problems doing forwarding if they don't
have a root hints file configured.  Try adding that to see if it helps.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA