Automating named.conf

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Thu Jun 17 19:49:57 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 12:36:06AM -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows of any tools for adding and removing
> zones from named.conf? I know of several tools for building zone files
> but I cannot find anything for managing the named.conf file.

There have been several things posted to this mailing list, but not
needing them, I haven't kept track of them.  Mostly homeberw, ISTM.

> Another thought I had was is it possible to store dns entries in ldap?
> Since my reasearch has not turned up anything wrt bind and ldap I suspect
> it is not possible but I thought I would ask.

It's certainly possible to have an LDAP back end to BIND.  I don't know
how that works.
"google is your friend" [or master]

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao