More Re: DNS + Web Interface

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 00:23:17 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 01:02:25PM -0800, Jeff Lasman wrote:
> Here's the scope as I see it...
>
> A perl/php project that YOU, the DNS hosting company, can run on your
> own server, to allow your DNS hosting customers to log in.

Perhaps I missed something ... how is this different from the existing
Webmin module? I used it to help myself get started a few months back,
and it seemed to be good enough.

I don't think this is OT, BTW. I might have some interest in it; not so
much for myself (mcedit $ZONEFILE :) but possibly for some GUIfied
colleagues who might need to manage some zones in my absence. Then
again, I think the Webmin module might meet their needs. It assumes a
bit of familiarity with basic DNS concepts, but if you don't have that
you probably should not be maintaining a nameserver!

    Rob - /dev/rob0