Updating from Primary NS

Ladislav Vobr lvobr at ies.etisalat.ae
Mon Mar 15 11:21:10 UTC 2004

bind8 is using named-xfer separate binary to do zone transfer, named
process doesn't do it itself it calls named-xfer to do a zone transfer.
It should be located in the sbin directory, most probably /usr/local/sbin.

You can run it separately to test the zone transfer yourself, I believe
it has even the debug mode. Did you try to run snoop/tcpdump on the
slave and master too just to confirm you don't have a
connectivity/firewalls problems?

Ladislav