zone transfers sticking on one port?

David Botham DBotham at OptimusSolutions.com
Mon Mar 15 21:45:18 UTC 2004

bind-users-bounce at isc.org wrote on 03/15/2004 04:15:35 PM:
> At 03:08 PM 3/15/2004, David Botham wrote:
>

> >That's OK, I guess I left out the part about the fact that Zone
Transfers
> >use TCP, not UDP.  Perhaps your packet traces are not what you think
they
> >are?
>

> Incremental transfers are UDP.  It's the full AXFR transfers or

Yes, they are.  I guess I missed that not so unimportant detail :)

> incrementals that will need more than one packet that are transmitted
> TCP.  At least that's how I understood my read of the bind 9 manual.
>
> BTW, we've fixed the problem by exempting the nameservers from the port
> block, so I'm fairly certain I was seeing the right stuff, since I
started
> seeing the return packets immediately after this change.   chris

Cool.  I am glad things worked out for you.  You can set the query source
port in named.conf.  Check the latest ARM for query-source and related
items...

Dave...