zone transfers sticking on one port?

Chris Fabri fabric at northwestern.edu
Mon Mar 15 22:02:50 UTC 2004

At 03:45 PM 3/15/2004, David Botham wrote:

>Cool.  I am glad things worked out for you.  You can set the query source
>port in named.conf.  Check the latest ARM for query-source and related
>items...

Yeah, we're considering that, but then a block somewhere else along the
lines might break things.

One of the advantages of using random ports is that this won't happen, but
I seemed to still experience that problem.

Oh yeah, a restart of named would fix the problem for some time.   My
hypothesis is that things work great until it hits port 39999, but I'm
thinking along your lines David - there's nothing in the code to tell it to
use a different port.   Do the transfers work until they hit that blocked
port, and then they just continute hammering away at it without trying a
different port?  Management wants a definitive answer, and I've yet to be
able to find it.  chris