Option to disable EDNS0?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Wed Mar 17 21:24:38 UTC 2004

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 03:56:14PM -0500, Imran wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> I am running Bind 9.2.3 on WIn2k and the resolution of external address are
> VERY slow ... local address are fine. From some feedback and some Googling
> it seems to be related to EDNS0.
>
> How can I disable this option?
>
> Best regards
> Imran.

Why did you send this twice?

Determine which server(s) is/are not capable of using EDNS.  Then for
each one, enter into your named.conf file:

server IP.add.re.ss {
	edns	false;
};

where "IP.add.re.ss" is, of course, replaced by the IP address.  I had
to do this for the DNS proxy on one firewall; you may be having similar
problems.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B