problems resolving .tw zones...

Stephen D dementate at anonymous.to
Mon Mar 29 07:22:07 UTC 2004

Hi,

I run a couple of caching nameservers, some of my users recently
commented that they weren't able to reach some .tw domains, I fixed that
by putting this into my named.conf:

zone "tw" { type delegation-only; };

Problem is, I'm not entirely comfortable maintaining a config like that,
and it doesn't seem to solve it for some really weird cases like
howdy.com.tw (check out dnsreport.com's report for it :)

Anyone have a better, maybe more generic way to handle this sort of thing?

Also, is it ok to have a root nameserver answer with the "rd" flag
(recursive) for a record that's supposed to be glue?  (see howdy.com.tw
for an example...)

Thanks,
Stephen