Is this possible

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard J.deBoynePollard at Tesco.NET
Mon Mar 22 03:38:49 UTC 2004

BF> You could have the W2k3 zones AD-integrated, so each W2k3
BF> DNS Server would be a "master", but then you run into
BF> serial number problems as documented in MS article 282826.

JdeBP> This is, of course, a red herring.  Since the serial number
JdeBP> is irrelevant when one is using Active Directory database
JdeBP> replication, there are no problems with it to run in to.

BF> This is NOT a red herring.  This newsgroup is concerned with BIND,
BF> and when one mixes an MS multi-master zone with a BIND slave, [...]

... one isn't doing what the original poster _said_ he was doing.  As
I've said twice now, this is a red herring.  Indeed, doubly so.  It's
a red herring because it is irrelevant when one is using Active
Directory database replication, and it is a red herring because it
is irrelevant to the situation that the original poster described.

BF> I had enough serial number issues with ONE MS master (since fixed
BF> with newer MS builds), so I have no desire to try MS multi-master
BF> to see what might happen.

Nothing untoward will happen if one uses Active Directory database
replication, as I said.