Want BIND 9.x to write ANYTHING into Syslog...

Axel Werner hostmaster at freiburg.homeip.net
Fri May 21 21:24:53 UTC 2004

Hi NewsGroup!

I tried several docs on bind but im still not sure and it seems its still
not working. i want my BIND DNS Server (under SuSE 9.0) to log ANYTHING to
Syslog (/var/log/messages) OR ANYTHING to a File. "ANYTHING" means. All
Start/Stop, loading, refreshing and even QUERIES from Clients AND from the
server to outaworld itself.

I put some lines toghether. but im not sure it will do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

logging {
        # Log general name server errors to syslog.
        channel syslog_all {
                syslog user;
                severity info;
        };