DNS ROOT understanding

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard J.deBoynePollard at Tesco.NET
Thu Nov 18 04:43:50 UTC 2004

LJL> So, please, be conservative in what you dump on the poor root
LJL> servers. We try to perform an important service on the Internet, but
LJL> if you all jump on top of us, it's going to be unnecessarily hard for
LJL> us to breathe.

Anyone who is concerned enough about "." content DNS service that they
consider the step of regularly checking that it is there, should really
be instead considering running *their own* (private) "." content DNS
server, whose connectivity and fault tolerance they can manage
themselves, replicating the DNS database of the "." organisation of
their choice.