Bind 9 on RH9 dying

David Botham DBotham at OptimusSolutions.com
Thu Oct 21 14:19:39 UTC 2004

bind-users-bounce at isc.org wrote on 10/21/2004 09:56:19 AM:
> I am curious about what to look at. We've been running BIND 9 for about
> a year without a hitch, within the past couple of weeks the daemon has
> been dying for no apparent reason, we attempt to HUP the process and

Sending a signal (HUP, TERM, KILL, or otherwise) to a process that is not
running is pointless.  In other words, the process has to be running to
deal with the signal.  It is sort of like talking to someone who is not
there.

What do your logs say?

Dave...

[clip...]