Migration from BIND 4.9 to 9.2 or Microsoft DNS

Mokwena Motseto MotsetM at sapo.co.za
Wed Oct 13 12:25:51 UTC 2004

Hi

We are currently running BIND 4.9 and we are under pressure to migrate
at least to version 8 or 9

But there is a possibility of moving to a microsoft DNS on windows 2003

Our ISP's who host secondary zones for our domains are running BIND ver
9

What I want you guys to help me out with is the following

Do you know of any problems I might encounter if I migrate to BIND ver 9
(latest)

Do you know of any problems I might encounter if I migrate to Microsoft
DNS I don't what version it is, or if it has versions at all

Mokwena Motseto