Migration from BIND 4.9 to 9.2 or Microsoft DNS

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Wed Oct 13 12:56:11 UTC 2004

"Mokwena Motseto" <MotsetM at sapo.co.za> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Sorry for the misunderstanding
>
>I was not looking for support, I was just asking from people, who have
>been in the same situation that I am in now
>
>What influenced their decision to choose what ever they chose to go
>with

My feeling from reading postings on this list for a number of years
is that most people who are currently using BIND will stick with BIND.
In general, there is a mistrust of MS code.  There were
interoperability problems with BIND and MS W2k DNS a few years ago, but
I have experienced no major problems since August 2002, when MS
resolved my last major problem.  I use MS W2k+3 DNS mainly for the
AD-related zones, where I want the AD-integrated security of the DDNS.
I do have one forward zone and its five reverse zones on the MS DNS
Server, all under the control of a MS DHCP Server.
Barry S. Finkel
Computing and Instrumentation Solutions Division
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov