No address (A) records available for couchblip.com

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Fri Sep 10 01:25:19 UTC 2004

In article <chqtg6$qrp$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 Melinda Taylor <melinda.taylor at unsw.edu.au> wrote:

> My zone is attached below. I am a bit confused as to what syntax I
> would use to set it so that just the domain "couchblip.com" can be
> looked up. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would
> be much appreciated.

I'm not sure why you're so confused, since you managed to figure it out
for the MX record, and the A record is done exactly the same way.

couchblip.com. IN A 202.173.134.101

BTW, MX records shouldn't point to CNAME records, they should point to A
records.  So either change your MX record to point to www, or change
mail from a CNAME record to an A record.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA