BIND 9.2.4rc8 Multithreading on Win32

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Fri Sep 10 04:26:58 UTC 2004

At 11:42 PM 9/9/2004, you wrote:
>At 11:15 PM 9/9/2004, Vinny Abello wrote:
> >Hi Danny,
> >
> >First thanks for replying. I'll comment below...

> when
> >>
> >>Well not really. It should say 4 worker threads or something like that.
> >>That's what you're really forcing.
> >
> >Maybe you should double check what you're writing to the Event Log. It says:
> >
> >"using 4 CPUs"
>
>Maybe. I had told Andreas some years ago that the message was incorrect
>since it affected the number of threads and not the number of CPU's
>being used. The -n switch is useful if it couldn't figure out the number of
>CPU's or if you wanted it to use fewer CPUs/Threads.

JFYI, Bind 9.3.0rc4 says this:

"found 4 CPUs, using 4 worker threads"

So it looks like it's what you expected it to say in the 9.3.0 latest
version anyway.

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and
those that don't.