DNS ROOT understanding

Nicolas LIENARD nlienard at fr.colt.net
Tue Sep 28 20:45:21 UTC 2004

> if you know immediatelly that you have this kind of connectivity
> problems, you might possibly do some action, like disable recursion,
> reload, and serve the requests from the cache only, which is basically
> imho better than having completely over-utilized server with completely
> non-responsive service.

Many thanks !  I was only  talking about in the case if the backbone, where
is the dnscache, has a routage issue.
(i know that there is already a monitoring on root server 24/24 7/7).

I didn't know it s possible to disable recursion and serve the requests from
the cache only.

Could you say me the way to do this kind of dns configuration ?

Thanks in advance,

Nicolas Liénard