searching dns entries (locally) - any thoughts?

Vicky Rode vicky.rode at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 07:02:29 UTC 2005

hi there,

just wondering if i could download (import) dns zone files
(com,net,org,ac,af,am,ar,com.ar,org.ar,gov.ar,mil.ar,net.ar,int.ar,esc.edu.ar,as,at,co.at,ne.at,or.at,com.au,net.au,org.au,edu.au,id.au,
oz.au,asn.au,csiro.au,telememo.au,conf.au,be,bt,ca,cc,ch,de,dk,edu,fr,gov,hm,it,jp,ac.jp,ad.jp,co.jp,go.jp,gr.jp,geo.jp,ne.jp,
or.jp,li,mil,nl,se,com.sg,edu.sg,net.sg,org.sg,gov.sg,sch.edu.sg,sh,th,ac.th,co.th,go.th,net.th,or.th,tj,to,uk,co.uk,.org.uk,
net.uk,ltd.uk,plc.uk,us) and its existing records locally so that I can
search the records for domain name with certain keywords similar to
what http://searchdns.netcraft.com/?host does.

I would like to run thru the search (keywords) locally on a machine for
all the downloaded dns records.

BTW, this is strickly for a filtering project that I'm working on.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

regards,
/vicky