problem configuring bind-9.3.0rc4 on Solaris8

Rick Jones foo at bar.baz.invalid
Thu Apr 7 16:56:43 UTC 2005

Atif Nadeem <Atif.Nadeem at dubaiinternetcity.ae> wrote:
> Your suggestion fixed the error of ar. But now I am getting another
> error:

> no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

Solaris systems do not come with a compiler by default.  One has to be
installed.  Either gcc from some Solaris freeware site, or Sun's own
compilers.  Once that is done you will have to further edit $PATH to
make sure it includes the path to the compiler.

You should probably also heed the advice to get 9.3.1 rather than use
an older release candidate.

rick jones
feel free to post, OR email to raj in cup.hp.com  but NOT BOTH...