9.3.1 problem/question

Pavel Urban urbanp at mlp.cz
Tue Apr 19 05:03:42 UTC 2005

Barry Margolin wrote:
> In article <d40sqi$2ush$1 at sf1.isc.org>, Pavel Urban <urbanp at mlp.cz>
> wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>our newly installed Bind 9.3.1 is having a problem resolving
>>'www.silis.cz'. It resolves to CNAME pointing to 'silis.cz' - strange,
>>but I dont's see anything wrong with it. But Bind fails to resolve
>>'silis.cz' - while other DNS servers seem to have no problem with it.
>>Can anybody tell me a reason/give me a hint what to do? Thanks!
>

> The delegation records for silis.cz all point to aliases.  This can
> cause problems.

Is it prohibited/discouraged somewhere in RFCs? I'm not an administrator
for this domain, I just want to explain to our customers why they are
having problem resolving this domain using our nameservers...

Thanks!

Pavel Urban (pavel.urban at imaginet.cz)
IOL system disaster
Internet OnLine, owned by Cesky Telecom, a.s. (www.ct.cz)