How do I get h2n to delegate a subdomain to another server?

MBernha at bart.gov MBernha at bart.gov
Tue Apr 19 20:19:22 UTC 2005

I am trying to figure out how to use h2n to delegate a subdomain. The
nameservers for the parent don't need any records or db files for the
subdomain other than NS info. What I want in the db file for the parent
domain is:

                    IN     NS     server1.domain.com.

                    IN     NS     server2.domain.com.

subdomain    IN     NS     server1.subdomain.domain.com.

                    IN     NS     server2.subdomain.domain.com.

Of course the glue records would be added in too. The subdomain uses
10.0.0.0/9 address space. The parent uses public address space so there's
no addrerssing conflict.

Here is my current config:

        -d domain.com mode=D \

        -n xxx.xxx:255.255.0.0 \

        -T RR="                IN     MX 10    notes" \

        -o 14400:600:864000:600:14400 -u me at domain.com. \

        -h server1 \

        -s server1.domain.com -s server2.domain.com

I can't figure out how to get h2n to do what I need. When I use -S, it
sets up a separate db file, which is not at all what I want. If I use -T
it tells me that I have to use -s or -S.  Can anyone help me out? Am I
missing something obvious? I am using version 2.55.