Dynamic DNS with BIND

David Botham DBotham at OptimusSolutions.com
Fri Apr 22 15:04:48 UTC 2005

bind-users-bounce at isc.org wrote on 04/21/2005 05:26:19 PM:
clip...

> It still goes back to something I would like to learn about cause in AD
> can see how authnication takes place but with BIND I'm kinda lost how
the
> integrity is kept. It's something new for me to learn :)

Also, another thing that comes to mind is that the DSL type dynamic DNS
services don't actually let you register the IP address of the systems on
your home network.  They register an address outside your DSL router.
Getting the same behavior out of BIND will be tricky at best.  Check out
TSIG and nsupdate (see the BIND ARM and nsupdate man pages).

Dave...