Bluecat and infoblox

Todd A. Blank todd.blank at ipoutlet.com
Fri Aug 12 14:30:14 UTC 2005

The BlueCat Networks Adonis is fantastic.  We run it as a hidden master
with some Linux slaves facing the public.  If I had the room in my
budget, I would make all of my public facing slaves Adonis boxes as
well.

It makes BIND configuration a snap - anyone can do it.  It is rock solid
reliable.  It lets mere mortals make use of some of the more
sophisticated features of BIND, like Views, TSIG, subnet delegation,
etc.

We use this appliance so that our front line support folks can easily
make changes to customer zones without having to understand a bunch
about BIND configuration.

The appliance is intuitive and friendly to use.  Put an IP address on it
using the front panel controls, and you can be up and running in
literally ten minutes.  Once you have your configuration file for the
Adonis, you can put it on another Adonis just as easily - IP the Box,
use the management console to push the configuration, and done!

I would highly recommend this box - Oh - and if anyone feels like buying
a couple more for us, please feel free to let me know ;-)

Todd A. Blank
CTO
IPOutlet LLC
614.930.0844 VoIP