Bluecat and infoblox

frekno fredrik.kenmo at investorab.com
Fri Aug 12 08:35:34 UTC 2005

Hi Mike,

I chosed to implement a DNS infrastructure based on Bluecat's Adonis
product 1,5 years ago. I can't say that I'm as familiar with Infoblox's
solution, but I can tell you that Bluecat's intuitive interface is
saving me time and effort each time I use it. I'm very happy with the
product so far! I can honestly say that even if I thought I had control
over the DNS information, Adonis proved me wrong! It wasn't until after
the deployment that I realized how many mistakes there were in the
hundreds of zonefiles. Checking the files for errors and compliance is
another great feature of the Adonis product.

I also agree with Frank, the support organization is very responsive!
All technicians with whom I have been in contact provided me with
relavant information that solved the issues I had, even when the
problem was not related to the Adonis appliance itself, but rather
errors with the imported BIND configurations!

I don't know if you have already seen it, but this was one of the
resources I used when I evaluated DNS appliances (it is rather old now
though):

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/41659/41659.html

I hope you find this helpful!

Best regards,