Trying to set up reverse DNS and PTR records!

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Sat Aug 13 00:11:46 UTC 2005

In article <ddimsu$1t2b$1 at sf1.isc.org>, Mikey <mikeyNO at SPAM.Segel.com>
wrote:

> I've created the reverse IP address file, and I've updated the
> named.conf to include this file.
>
> So why can't I see my PTR records?

Are you querying the nameserver you added the reverse zone to, or a
caching server?  If the latter, maybe your ISP hasn't delegated the
reverse zone to your server.  If the former, you probably made a mistake
in the reverse zone -- are there any error messages in your log when you
reloaded named?

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA