Trying to set up reverse DNS and PTR records!

Mikey mikeyNO at SPAM.Segel.com
Sun Aug 14 03:41:21 UTC 2005

Barry Margolin wrote:

> In article <ddimsu$1t2b$1 at sf1.isc.org>, Mikey <mikeyNO at SPAM.Segel.com>
> wrote:
>

>>I've created the reverse IP address file, and I've updated the
>>named.conf to include this file.
>>
>>So why can't I see my PTR records?
>

> Are you querying the nameserver you added the reverse zone to, or a
> caching server?  If the latter, maybe your ISP hasn't delegated the
> reverse zone to your server.  If the former, you probably made a mistake
> in the reverse zone -- are there any error messages in your log when you
> reloaded named?

Thanks for the response.

Since I've been away from being a sysadmin for a couple of years, I
figured that it was something done wrong on my end.

As it turned out, it was that my ISP hadn't delegated authority to me.
Simple fix by making a call and waiting 2 hours.