Problems with BIND 9.2.4 on Windows 2000

Spam List spamlist at vbot.org
Tue Aug 23 16:36:29 UTC 2005

Danny Mayer wrote:

<snip>

>>errno2result.c:61: unexpected error:
>>
>>    -and-
>>
>>unable to convert errno to isc_result: 64: The specified network name is
>>no longer available.
>>
>>These errors are always paired (in the order listed), and always seem to
>>immediately follow the following informational message:
>>
>>zone arisiasoft.com/IN: sending notifies (serial 2005082305)

<snip>

>>Any help here would be appreciated.
>>

> It sounds like you have network problems. This is not a named
> configuration issue. I assume these nameservers have fixed IP addresses?

The nameservers do have fixed IP addresses. And all of them are local to
each other on the LAN. The only thing I can think of that would qualify
as a network problem is that one of my Windows DCs is down (hard drive
failure). But I can't see where named would be interested (or even know
about) a DC failure...