A question about using forwarders.

Merton Campbell Crockett mcc at CATO.GD-AIS.COM
Thu Dec 8 06:33:25 UTC 2005

The "forward first;" and "forward only:" statements control this DNS
behaviour.  The "forward only;" statement restricts DNS queries to the
sysems listed in forwarders.  The "forward first;" statement allows the
root name servers to be queried after the forwarders.  If either of your
forwarders returns an authoritative NXDOMAIN no further queries will be
made.

Merton Campbell Crockett

--

BEGIN:				vcard