DNS starter

Timbro, Martin martin.timbro at cgi.com
Thu Dec 8 18:58:52 UTC 2005

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns4/index.html

I suggest this book right here. It will not only guide you through all the steps to install BIND but also how to secure it, maintain it, etc...

As far as iptables, it depends on the locality of the machine, threat analysis, etc...But as far as Bind is concerned, if properly configured, it doesn't need iptables to protect it.

Hope this helps.

--
Martin Timbro
Groupe CGI - Conseiller Technologies Unix
martin.timbro at cgi.com
514.415.3000 x.4672