Reverse IPv6 lookups with dynamic updates

Steven LatrŽe steven.latre at ugent.be
Mon Dec 19 14:44:40 UTC 2005

Stefan Puiu schreef:

> With BIND, there aren't any that I know of. Are you sure you'll be
> needing that many zones?

I'm a bit confused now. Let's say I have a zone "test". I've configured
the zone test successfully for regular lookups. If the addresses of my
zone are like fd02:3539:700b::<some local part>
Do I then need to add fd02:3539:700b:: as a zone for reverse lookup, or
isn't that defined as a zone?
And if I need to add this zone can I add a less specific zone
(manually): like fd::<local part>

steven