Changing the IP Address of your External DNS

Al Sparks data345 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 02:04:04 UTC 2005

We're having to change the external IP address of our DNS server.

At the moment I have it answering queries on the old IP address as
well as the new one, and I'm starting to get queries on the new
address as well.

When we went into Network Solutions website, though, to change the new
IP address, there was no way to do it.

So, is changing the IP address of my nameserver on my authoritative
servers enough?  Is network solutions going to automatically reflect
that in a new update just by querying my nameserver?
  === Al