allow-recursion problems

peace bwitchu peacebwitchu at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 03:10:05 UTC 2005

I have recently implemented a acl using
allow-recursion and all seems to have went well until
this week.  First we could not resolve one of our
names from ip's within our allow-recusrion acl but
could from ip's that weren't in our acl a reload of
bind resolved that issue.  Later in the week we have
had some intermitent problems resolving local domains
as well.  We are currently running bind 9.2.3 on linux
with around 300 zones and 400 queries per second.  Has
anyone seen this type of behavior after implementing
allow-recursion?

Thanks