BIND 9 scaling

Michael Lang michi+bind-users at relay3.jackal-net.at
Tue Feb 15 22:17:34 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 17:06 +0000, Phill Wood wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I've just subbed to the list. We've been using BIND for some years
> now, currently on versions 9.2.3 and 9.2.4.

as i can say our Intel HP 320 took 40.865.562 Querys the last 12 hours
thats somethine about ~1100 Q/s

CPU Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.26GHz
1Gb Ram Total
number of zones: 4530
an doing recursive Querys for our clients
average response time (local configured Zones) < 5ms

runs on Bind "9.2.3", as we´ve expected problems with "9.3.0" that
also start occuring on "9.2.3", by messing up when cleaning the memory.
Only restarting solves the problem and occurs every 2~3 week.

Kind Regards
Michael Lang

--
Michael Lang <michi+bind_users at relay3.jackal-net.at>