zone transfers slow

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Feb 15 23:11:34 UTC 2005

The server contained in the SOA.MNAME is usually excluded from NOTIFYs
because it is expected to be the primary master server. Try adding an
"also-notify" for lurch to the relevant zones, or globally. You didn't
say whether you were running BIND 9 or not, but if you are, you also
might want to consider using "notify explicit", to prevent the master
from sending NOTIFYs to itself.

- Kevin