Failure to compile BIND 9.3.1rc1 on HP-UX

Stefan Puiu stefanpuiu at itcnetworks.ro
Fri Feb 18 11:47:23 UTC 2005

This one seems to be solved. We only have a C++ compiler (aCC) license,
and aCC seems to support ANSI C too, but the default 'cc' (which on our
build system is in /usr/bin and is a link to /usr/ccs/bin/cc) seems to
be some ancient non-ANSI compiler. I've tried making 'cc' a symlink to
/opt/aCC/bin/aCC only to find it reverted after a while - could be some
dumb startup script is checking for this. Adding CC=aCC to the
environment fixes my problem.