Problems building BIND 9.3.1rc1 on Windows

mayer at gis.net mayer at gis.net
Fri Feb 18 13:54:22 UTC 2005

----- Original Message Follows -----
> Hello,
>
> I've tried doing a batch build of BIND 9.3.1rc1 in MS VC++ 6.0 (SP6),
> and I see that dig and host now depend on liblwres.lib, but this isn't
> reflected in the dependencies in BindBuild.dsw. Once again I didn't
> try  building from the command line, but I need to change the path to
> openssl  anyway (in the libdns dsp) every time I do a Windows build,
> so I prefer  using MSDEV.

Stefan, you shouldn't be copying bind9-bugs on your messages.
People using reply all end up sending another message to bind9-bugs
and they are just responding to you. Make bug reports go to bind9-bugs
separately.

I have fixed this issue and sent an update to ISC for inclusion in
the source pool but it didn't make it for this release. It includes
fixing things like the version of openssl to use. If I have it here
I'll send you my changes.

Danny