notify option does not work in Bind 9.x, is this a known bug?

Steven Job list3 at wwwcrazy.com
Mon Feb 21 04:36:00 UTC 2005

Quoting Jim Reid <jim at rfc1035.com>:

> Since anycasting is orthogonal to the number of zones, I suspect you
> have a configuration problem. Unless of course you're loading tens of
> thousands of zones, each of which requires tens of NOTIFYs and this is
> creating internal queue management problems for BIND: eg "too many"
> pending NOTIFYs locks out some internal data structure or the server
> can't send out the NOTIFYs fast enough or something like that.

Well yes I will need over 100k zones eventually.  But right now it is only 50k
for testing purposes.
The strange part is that this works perfect on a setup (many more zones) where
there is no anycast and it just uses the NS records for the NOTIFY ( 5 NS
records).  These anycast servers are much more powerful so I wouldn't expect
them to get stuck in pending NOTIFY locks.

Is it possible to clear out the queue of the notifies?