BIND 8 data loss problem

Ann James dnsadmin at iais.com
Fri Feb 18 04:56:12 UTC 2005

Thanks Kevin & Mark.

Enabling recursion solved that problem.  But I'm still a little
confused.  This server is a hidden master for all zaboo.org zones, so it
should be authoritative.  Why does it need to recurse to itself for an
answer?

The server is currently isolated off network while testing the upgrade
and only talking to itself so it never went anywhere to get the answer.
  It had the answer all along.

I understand that in typical practice, a referral probably makes sense
for this condition. Is there a way to circumvent change 1461 without
breaking functionality?

Thanks again for the great help.
Ann