Why wont this MX record work properly?

TIM MOORE MOORET10 at odjfs.state.oh.us
Thu Feb 24 19:07:13 UTC 2005

Joe,

Yes, the state.oh.us domain does delegate to odjfs.state.oh.us
correctly.  I'm not sure that this is a DNS issue at all.  Just wanted
some outside opinions if I missed something simple.

--------------------------------------
Tim Moore
DNS/Linux/Cisco Admin
ODJFS

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 11:34:19AM -0500, TIM MOORE wrote:
> Having some trouble with an MX entry.  Is this not a valid way to do
MX
> records (in the domain.us zone file)?
>
> arete.domain.us   in  mx  10  mul8.domain.us
> mul8.domain.us   in  a  xx.xx.xx.xx
>

> If we send emails to user at arete.domain.us from certain mail servers
> (Yahoo and Hotmail online accts) it works.  If we send from other
email
> accounts it doesnt work.  There is no actual zone file for
> arete.domain.us, it is just a "domain" to send email to.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Tim M.

Given that the invisible dots really are there ... do all the parents
of
the "domain.us" name servers correctly delegate "domain.us" to you?

I'm assuming that "domain" might be multiple parts, such as
"state.oh".
Or perhaps not, the question still applies.

--
Joe Yao