stops answering at same time every day

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Sat Feb 26 17:19:53 UTC 2005

Serdar Acir wrote:
> as a last resort you can manually shutdown bind at that particular time as
> see if any batch process complains at the logs. also checking if dig
> responds or not after restart would be a valuable test.
> serdar

As a last resort on Solaris or Linux, I'll use truss or strace to find
out just what a process is doing or looking at. I saw you're running
AIX, I think. I don'tknow if there is a comparable tool there.

I'll direct the output to a file and examine it later since there's
usually quite a bit of output.

This would be the "brute force" approach, but might produce something
interesting.

Steve